The EDA-SoC project has put Dolphin Integration in the position of a full supplier for ASIC and SOC users: this R&D Program supported by the French, Italian, German and Norwegian Ministries of Defense through the European Defense Agency gathered 14 partners, major defense equipment manufacturers, technology providers, and design centers, involved from 2011 to 2015.
Dolphin Integration’s ASIC/SoC design services addressed the challenge of setting up and demonstrating access to a European CMOS foundry – a step forward in worldwide competitiveness:
- Entering into a Wafer Foundry Services Agreement with STMicroelectronics (announced early 2012) in order to offer to customers an efficient path to ASIC/SoC design and fabrication, up to production for nanometric technologies covering multiple processes such as 130 nm, 65 nm and 55 nm.
- Performing the physical implementation of the co-defined test chip, embedding a 32-bit RISC processor, an embedded FPGA macro, and regular logic blocks, with testability features.
- Managing the complete supply chain covering the silicon fabrication, the packaging and the preliminary test activities, up to the delivery of circuits ready to run.
- Taking into account strict constraints linked to sensitive project requirements: ITAR-free approach, encrypted exchanges, low/medium volume, etc.
Acting as prime contractor from the design phase (RTL/netlist) to the supply chain management, Dolphin Integration enforces its strategic position for equipment manufacturers by offering the missing links:
- Design of digital and mixed-signal ASIC/SoC for a variety of markets (IoT, Industrial, Medical, Mil/Aero…) based on a strong and recognized expertise in:
- mixed-signal silicon IP: high resolution converters for MEMs interfaces, audio ADC and DAC…
- low power solutions: standard cell libraries, memories, voltage regulators, power island solutions,
- modeling and simulation solutions for low-power SoC design.
- Access to advanced technologies through myMACS, an extended MPW/Shuttle approach with industrial guarantees, gathering multiple ASIC/SoC from customers.
- Certified quality standards: ISO-9001 and soon EN9100.
For further information,