BAT – Audio IP Platform
Our fully flexible and application-optimized Audio IPs
BAT is our audio IP platform for serving a wide range of fashionable applications such as Smart Speakers, Smart Hearables, wearable, IoT, and more.
- Hight fidelity ADC / DAC audio IPs
- All in one, configurable Audio Codec IPs
- Ultra-low-power Voice Activity Detection (VAD)
- Asynchronous Sample Rate Converter (ASRC)
- PDM to PCM converter
- And more coming soon!
BAT enables a seamless configuration and assembly of your high fidelity and low power audio device ensuring faster Time-To-Market with robust and advanced IPs.
BAT - At the crossroads of analog performances and digital adaptability
ANALOG solutions, making the interface between the analog and digital worlds
- MEMS microphone and electret support
- High electrical performances for accurate data recording and playback
- Cap-less architecture to limit BoM impact
DIGITAL solutions, enabling powerful audio signal processing with soft flexibility
- Digital microphone support
- Hardware filters for optimum energy efficiency
- Various features to adapt to application constraints
- High configurability
Trending features enabled by our Audio IPs
Our brand new U2 5.2 Audio SoC is a game-changer in the TWS Bluetooth headset market with its ultra-low power consumption. But none of this would have been possible without Dolphin Design's Audio IP. It has a high-fidelity ADC that combines superior audio performance with a small footprint and ultra-low power consumption, which is exactly what we, at Big Fish Semiconductor, were looking for. We are delighted with this partnership with Dolphin Design, which will continue for our future SoC developments.
The emergence of powerful voice recognition algorithms drives the growth of connected devices controlled by voice, where voice recognition and ultra-low power technologies are key to delivering the optimal user experience. The complete set of Foundation, Feature and Fabric IPs of Dolphin Design will allow us to demonstrate fast and safely a human-machine interaction system relying on a C-Sky microcontroller-based SoC platform.
Our experience of using Dolphin Design’s ultra-dense audio DAC has been very positive. A pure logic DAC is extremely compact at 28nm and enables to drastically reduce the industrial test duration, as structural testing such as SCAN can efficiently be applied, which is pivotal for our SoC competitiveness on the aggressive market of Set-Top Boxes.
Meeting the right balance between silicon costs, audio quality and low power consumption is a challenging task. The YANZI-A-hexADC-VD.01, a feature-rich audio ADC from Dolphin Design, packs all these advantages into our smart speaker offering.
- TWS earbuds, headphones and headsets
- Smart speakers, home appliance
- Wearables, hearables, Voice first devices
- BLE codecs
- LP and GP MCU
- 8μA in Voice Detection mode
- 100% voice detected
- 106 dB SNR ADC
- 119 dB SNR DAC
- < 8μs latency mic input to HP output
- Up to 768 kHz sample rate
Remove distractions. Augment your sound experience.
Ultra low latency audio converters down to 3µs
Active Noise Cancellation allows you to listen to audio content without raising the volume excessively. We provide a powerful set of converters to make high-fidelity ANC possible.
- ADC with Dynamic Range higher than 106 dB maintaining audio performance in analog mic-in mode
- Pop-up noise level as low as – 60 dBV
Ultra efficient and accurate voice command detection. Wake up when effectively required.
Audio CODEC with embedded Voice Activity Detection
The built-in microphones in smart speakers are continuously listening for “hot keywords” followed by a command. To maximize the sleep state mode timeshare to limit the system power consumption, we designed audio CODEC solutions with voice activity detection capability, the Whisper TriggerTM.
- Enables ultra low power keyword spotting mode
- High Dynamic Range – up to 106 dB – to perform far-field voice recognition
Accurate sound processing. Reliable voice interaction.
Audio CODEC with high Noise Resilience
Engage seamless in-vehicle voice command and response interactions with robust noise tolerance in a high-temperature environment.
- High CMRR enabling in-vehicle distributed mic positioning
- Low crosstalk multi-channel CODEC
- Embedded low noise voltage regulator for enhanced resilience to power supply-related noise
Download our white paper on Voice Activity Detection (VAD)
More than ever before, attention to power consumption is paramount when developing new products. In this environment, voice activity detection has a major role to play in any new voice-controlled system. The main objective of VAD is to lower power consumption, saving on computation or data processing by deactivating part of the SoC when no speech patterns are detected.
Markets like home assistants and telecommunications can greatly benefit from this feature as the
always-on mode is not exactly suitable for wireless products or when privacy is a concern.
- Different VADs and how to compare them
- What does the market offer at this point?
- WhisperTrigger Voice Activity Detector
Power Management IP Platform
Complete solution for cost-effective & efficient on-chip power management
Neural Processing Unit
Fully programmable accelerator, designed to execute deep neural networks (DNN) in an energy-efficient way
DSP Digital Signal Processor Platform
A scalable multi-core DSP capable of efficiently run signal processing tasks as well as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms