Eager to help System-on-Chip designers get rid of separate power-hungry Power Management ICs (PMIC) in order to ensure their SoC low-power budget, Dolphin Integration promotes its embedding with a disruptive approach.
Indeed, external PMICs with their focus on reusability are neither power efficient nor cost effective, whereas Dolphin Integration has launched a reusable library of embedded Power Regulators, per its standard named “DELTA", enabling all relevant optimizations. Such a library provides the easiest construction approach to Power Management Networks, enabling fast assessment and choice of the most relevant network for a given SoC.
The benefits are immediate:
- Shorter time-to-market thanks to standardized regulation components and interconnection checks
- Power optimization thanks to the combination of high-efficiency switching regulators for active mode, and regulators with ultra-low quiescent current for retention mode
- Lowest Bill-of-Material at system level for a SoC addressing market challenges thanks to a wide offering of optimized components
Following several success stories at 180 nm, for low-end Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications, Dolphin Integration now provides the DELTA library at TSMC 55 nm uLP and uLP eFlash.
The benefits provided by the DELTA library, combined with those offered by the intrinsic performances of TSMC processes, enable to target the ultra low-power requirements of battery powered IoT devices.
The complete low-power and high-density offering of Dolphin Integration at TSMC 55 nm uLP / uLP eFlash comprises:
- The standardized DELTA power kit library
- A set of memories and a cache controller
- A set of standard cell libraries with their associated island construction kit
For more information contact our Product Marketing Manager at email@example.com