Dolphin Integration has published the results of their pure digital Audio DAC based on two sound shapers enabling a high versatility in the choice of the application schematics. It confirms their position as the leading IP partner for Set-Top-Box applications.
“We are pleased to release a product with high performance levels for next generations of Set-Top-Box, Docking Stations and portable wireless speakers. Dolphin integration intend to reinforce their offering with one of smallest and less power consuming converter of the market”, shared Vincent Richard, Audio Product Marketing Manager.
The sDACa-MT1.xx series are specified to achieve up to 105 dB of ‘A-weighted’ SNR on playback mode, depending on the application schematics.
The tests proceed on FPGA and Silicon qualifier (SMIC 55LL) proves the outstanding performances of sDACa-MT1.xx series even above the specification and in STB standard measurement conditions:
- Audio output level: -4.27 dBu (1 kHz sine wave @ Full Scale – 8 dB Gain =0 dB)
- SNR: 106 dB A-weighted (1 kHz sine wave @ Full Scale, Gain =0 dB)
- THD+N: -98.25 dB Unweighted 1 kHz sine wave @ Full Scale-1dB, Gain=0 dB
- Dynamic range: 106 dB (A-weighted, 1 kHz sine wave @ Full Scale-60dB, Gain =0 dB)
- Frequency domain ripple: 0.5 dB (60Hz and 18kHz sine wave @ Full Scale, Gain =0 dB)
- Channel Crosstalk: -82 dB A-weighted (1 kHz sine wave @ Full Scale-20dB, Gain =0 dB)
For enhancing the sound quality experience, sDACa-MT1.01 embeds several features among which an Anti-pop noise control signal, spread-spectrum and soft mute mode.
Dolphin Integration facilitate a safe SoC integration by providing new views and specifications:
- Noise resilience tolerance templates against, Jitter power supply noise and synchronization issue
- Simulation models (views) for assessing the impact on different type of noise on audio performances
- User Manual including diverse application schematics targeting different audio output and SNR performances
For further information, feel free to ask for the measurement reports or to contact on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Dolphin Integration’s product, please have a look at the presentation sheet.