Decreasing the power consumption of SoCs is an ever-increasing challenge that requires power optimization of each individual subsystem. Dolphin Integration proposes the SESAME BIV standard cell library to answer the need for ultra-low power always-on blocks.
SESAME BIV is a patented standard cell library available from 180 nm down to 55 nm. It takes advantage of thick gate oxide transistors to achieve ultra-low leakage performances with an extended operating voltage range (up to 3.6V) enabling a direct connection to the battery thus eliminating the need for regulators.
Such a standard cell library provides the best trade-off between power and area at different mature nodes:
- Up to 70 % total power saving* (see comparison chart below)
- Area saving: up to 7x denser*
- Low BoM: no need for a dedicated voltage regulator
- Reliability: Patented flip-flop to reliably sustain wide operating voltage range, silicon proven library
* Compared to a 5k gates AO logic using an SVT library and a dedicated regulator
SESAME BIV is part of Dolphin Integration’s Low Power Panoply (LoPAN) that combines silicon IPs and design methodologies to achieve the lowest power consumption in a minimal area for each logic subsystem of a SoC.