Dolphin Integration rolls out sDACa-MT1.01, an ultra dense Pulse Width Modulated DAC for audio applications embedding valuable features for easier SoC integration while supporting sound amplifiers with both analog and digital inputs:
- Support both line-out and power amplifiers
- Anti Pop-up Noise control signal
- Spread-spectrum feature for safe integration with RF emitter/receiver
- PLL-less feature to prevent jitter issues on DAC master clock
- Jerk-less feature to prevent performance drop due to jitter on audio signal
- Delivered with advanced views enabling Noise Propagation Checks (NPC)
This stereo product has been designed to support most worldwide STB standards. Its flexibility makes such a silicon IP also appreciable for various applications such as docking station, digital radio or smart TV. sDACa-MT1.01 can reach performances up to 105 dB of SNR on the application schematics. Moreover, its low silicon area under 0.2 mm2 at 55 nm combined to the low needed Bill-of-Material cost are the perfect match for making cost effective SoC targeting high volume markets.
Availability: At 55 nm but easily retargetable over the range between 28 nm to 180 nm at TSMC and SMIC.
Measurement reports on FPGA and silicon: available on demand.