Dolphin Integration presents a new peripheral to extend its wide offer for 80251 and 8051 microcontroller.
The FlipDMA is proposed with many features, while presenting a small area of 0.03 mm2 for 2 channels on TSMC 0.18 µm G:
- Choice of number of channels
- 3 functional transfer modes: burst, alternate cycle, single byte
- optional features to check integrity of the data flow
- among other innovations
This DMA is available for any MCU of the Dolphin Integration offering, especially with the low power 16-bit MCU named Flip80251 Hurricane.
The user can thus benefit from a solution offering
- the lowest area thanks to combining the code density of the 80251 and the density of the DMA interface controller
- the lowest power consumption thanks to the Hurricane design, optimized for low power: 136 µA/DMIPS in typical conditions on TSMC 0.18 µm G
- while benefitting from a high processing power: 0.6 DMIPS/MHz for the Dhrystone V2.1 with 200 loops
For more information, check on the presentation sheet and for any request or question, please, contact the marketing manager, Nathalie Fustinoni.